Friday, November 21, 2014

Another Great Week!

It has been another great week in 3Y!  We took our Unit 4 math test and increased our class average by 82% from the pretest!!  (12% to 94%!!!!)  WOW!!!  What a brilliant group of kids!

We have now moved on to Unit 5 in math and will be focusing on the following learning targets:
1.  I can read and write very large numbers.
2.  I can read and write decimals.
3.  I can use base 10 blocks to work with decimals.
4.  I can add and subtract 2-digit numbers.
5.  I can use ballpark estimates.
6.  I can add and subtract extended facts.

We chant these in math each morning so that we can practice saying that "I can!"

We also finished up Unit 2 in reading and have started Unit 3, our learning targets for reading are going to be:
1. I can follow agreed upon rules for class discussions.
2.  I can determine text importance.
3.  I can identify the sequence of events in a text.

In science we are still working on creating our public service announcements.  We have planned and are starting to shoot our videos!

I am so proud of the progress 3Y is making!  Thank you for all the support at home!

Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Young


Here are some pictures of us sorting works into VCV or VVCV syllable patterns and practicing our December play performance!  (More information to come about this next week!)







Here is a video of our group that performed their reader's theatre for 3H this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment